How To Deal With Anxiety Without Medication
Today I plan to focus on anxiety attacks, in past articles I shared with you the major triggers for anxiety are food triggers. If you did the elimination diet you now know what those triggers are, avoiding these foods or consuming them in moderation is the key to managing your anxiety at least when it comes to food triggers. Everyone has some common and uncommon anxiety triggers, other then food my most dramatic triggers are being in new social interacting situation. In the past I avoided these situations much like avoiding my trigger foods, even though this is an effective technique it is not a reasonable or a healthy technique to overcome my social anxiety.
Identifying Your Anxiety Triggers
Before you can identify your anxiety triggers, you must be aware of your anxiety symptoms. Everyone does not have the exact same symptoms, but here are my symptoms which it took me years to even realize these were anxiety attacks. See my anxiety has been ever since I was about grade school age, before that I lived in a comfortable and controlling atmosphere which did not trigger my anxiety at that time.
- Brain Dead (could not think at all)
- Sick In The Stomach
- Dizzy Spells
- Muscular Aches And Pains
- Terrified Of The Unknown
- Lack Of Concentration
- Just Plain Scared To Death
As you can see my anxiety symptoms which are the most severe for me are both physical and emotional. For most of my life I had no idea these symptoms were anxiety attacks, all I understood was I became extremely uncomfortable and feeling very physically ill. I am ashamed to admit this in front of all the people who might read this article, but I think it will help many of you understand you are not alone with how your feeling when you also experience anxiety attacks. I got to the point at one time in my life I rarely left my home, I would some days get all dressed ready to go out and I would become so ill I just could not go through with going out. This was very frustrating for me, I really did at one time in my life hate myself for being this way. More then once or twice at my worse times of my life I seriously considered suicide, for the longest time this was really the only way I seen to rid myself of this terrible curse I was living.
Anxiety And Depression
For the majority of people with severe anxiety issues, depression is also a very serious issue for them. Why would we not become very depressed living a life with anxiety attacks. Many of us do not even realize we are suffering from depression, for me my depression symptoms were not clear depression in my eyes. Here were the symptoms of depression I was experiencing, never realized they were signs of depression.
- Low Self Esteem ( Always Felt This )
- No Motivation
- Start But Rarely Complete Projects or Goals In My Life
- Very Negative Thinking
- Extreme Fatigue
- Constantly Worrying About Everything (Even Things Which Did Not Happen Yet)
- Self Sacrifice
- Treated Myself Like Puppy Poop
- Fear To Spend My Money
- Memory Problems
- Poor grades in school
How To Deal With Anxiety Attacks
The best advice I can give you dealing with your symptoms are what worked for me, it took me many years to learn to deal with my anxiety. Hopefully your anxiety is not nearly as severe as mine became for me, you must learn to crawl before you walk fits very well with overcoming your anxiety attacks.
- Breathing Therapy (Breathing Deeply Through Your Nose And Not Your Mouth)
- Visualization ( Finding a quiet place and visualize your in a safe place until your symptoms are less severe)
- Learn you must fight your urge to flight or fight whichever your dealing with at that time.
- Physical Activity when possible, take a short walk works well for me especially if I can get outdoors
- Self Positive Talk
Deep breathing through your nose will help you to calm down inside, plus the extra oxygen will help relieve your emotional symptoms which is effecting if your having problems focusing or just plain thinking clearly.
- Visualization will help you calm down being alone in a quiet place, actually this works because mentally your are getting out of the anxious situation even though its only in your mind it really does work. Visualize yourself in a place you feel safe, mine is the beach even though I have never been to a beach living in Pennsylvania this calms me down quite well.
- Fight or Flight, most people know our anxiety causes us at times to feel the urge to either become aggressive or passive during a anxiety attack, as hard as it is to just do nothing and stay in the situation after a very short time your symptoms will start to ease up and you can function well enough to get through the situation.
- Anxiety attacks most often gives us extreme extra energy, sadly its negative energy but taking a short walk especially if your able to get outdoors seems to work best for me. This burns off that extra negative energy, your symptoms will become more manageable for you.
This might be one of the more difficult techniques for you to learn and it become natural for you, but at the same time this will be one of your most powerful weapons. We are the hardest on ourselves then anyone else in the entire world, start out every time you catch yourself thinking or even saying or doing anything negative STOP. Stop whatever your doing at that time, go back and correct this with a positive action. Believe me this is not easy to learn or do when your an anxious person by nature, you must reprogram your natural negative thinking with positive and this will be a long term goal.
Stop Being Afraid Of What Could Go Wrong And Start Being Positive About What Could Go Right
Feed Your Brain
Anxiety attacks and depression are an imbalance in our brain chemistry,even the most intelligent medical doctors today do not have the answer for the cause of either of these issues. I have found though my experimentation with brain nutrition supplements, feeding your brain with more nutrition helps reduce the severity of your symptoms. Anxiety and depression the way I see them are less severe cases of being bi-polar, when your anxious many of us are hyper weather your feeling aggressive or passive does not matter, Either way your in a hurry to fight or flight , on the other hand when we are depressed we are very mellow not wishing to deal with anything in our lives. Possibly this is just because with more nutrition, we are healthier but no matter what it works.
Brain Nutrition Supplements
What I look for in a brain nutrition supplement for one thing I do not recommend synthetic supplements, if your wishing to try any of these supplements here is what I suggest you look for.
- All Natural Ingredients
- Vitamins, minerals and herbs
- High Customer Recommendations
- High Professional Recommendations
- Natural Mood Enhancer (natural antidepressant)
- Improves Memory
- No Side Effects
Brain nutrition supplements are not medicine, all natural supplements are food additives. A good natural supplement will be loaded with vitamins, minerals and high quality brain health herbs. I have been taking one of these supplements myself the past few months, the one I am taking presently has been the one which has given me the best results. I experience no hang over effect the next morning, no side effects I am aware of and I do not feel any cravings. Cravings are our brains signals we need to provide our brains with nutrition, unfortunately most of us me included fill our tummies with unhealthy junk food. Well I hope this article helps some of you at least get started on the right track, I know its a long journey and a whole lot of work but we both know you are well worth it.