Natural Oily Hair Tips
I have heard more people complain about their hair being oily than any other hair complaint, so what causes some people to have oily hair while other people experience dry hair. The sebum glands is the main reason for people to struggle with naturally oily hair, but the sebum gland is only doing its job which is to lubricate your scalp. When the sebum gland provides you a little extra oil it can naturally condition your hair, but when the sebum gland is producing more oil to your scalp than you need this is the reason most people experience oily hair.
What Causes Oily Hair
- Family Genes
- Shampoo Residue
- Sebum Gland
Hair Care Tips For Oily Hair
How many times have you read several articles online and the articles only confused you even more, I have read many articles online and often some of the information suggests just the opposite recommendations how to solve my problem. I have especially found this to be true when you are seeking solutions to some of your health concerns, so we must be careful which websites we search for our information.
I do trust Dr Axe and many of the tips I provide you come directly from him, so if you have trust in Dr Axe and have tried many of his natural health solutions you too might trust me as much as you trust him. So I am going to share some of his natural oily hair solutions with you right now, and you must be the judge if you trust him enough to put your oily hair into his hands.
Dr Axe Recommends
- Balanced Diet Especially Healthy Fats And Carbs Such As Ghee And Coconut Oil
- Shampoo More Frequently Daily or Every Other Day
- Shampooing With Natural Shampoos Only
- Adding DIY Anti-Dandrufff Shampoos If Needed
- Apple Cider Vinegar Kills Fungus And Bacteria Which Can Cause Your Hair To Become Oily
- Consider Using A Dry Shampoo
- Adding Witch Hazel
- Try A Egg Yolk Mask
- Best Hair Oil For Many People With Oily Hair Is Tea Tree Essential Oil
I am sure many of you who read my posts are starting to understand how our diets affects us, so there is a healthy hair diet plan just for those of you with oily hair. Dr Axe suggests our diets can play an important role in how much sebum oil our glands produce. It is a fact people who consume fewer calories often experience less oily hair, but just cutting back on your calories is not the answer to your oily hair problem. I really get disturbed when physicians blame many of our health problems on our weight, I truly believe it is not how much a person weighs, but what foods they do consume for their meals and snacks. Could this be the way physician’ cover up when they have no medical explanation for our health problems, I have rarely had a physician come right out and tell me honestly they don’t know why I am having specific health problems.
The oily hair diet is not what I would consider a diet at all, I see this as a change of your meals and snacks to improve your oily hair problem. Most of us are choosing the wrong types of meals and snacks which can increase our hair to be oily, so when we choose the right type of fats we might experience less oily hair. Dr Axe recommends we add healthy fats such as ghee and coconut oil with healthy carbs, he has shared simply by changing your diet you may experience less oily hair.
The Oily Hair Washing Routine
People without oily hair should only be shampooing their hair every two to three days, but when you have oily hair sometimes you have to break some of the rules. Some people experience a dramatic improvement in their hair by washing their hair more often, and many people find washing their hair every other day to be their best hair washing routine. Many of the store-bought chemical loaded hair products are a contributor to oily hair, so by choosing the right hair products is also going to make a difference in your hair. This is especially true for the store-bought chemical anti-dandruff shampoos, I have tried some of these hair products which actually make my dandruff problem even worse. One good sign your hair products are not healthy for you is when you are experiencing an itchy scalp, and this is your body telling your the hair products you are using are unhealthy for you.
What Apple Cider Vinegar Can Do For You
Many of our hair problems can be caused by fungus and bacteria, and apple cider vinegar has the ability to kills the fungus and bacteria which forms on your scalp. These funguses and bacteria can even be the cause of dandruff problems. So maybe this simple recipe is something you wish to try for your own scalp and hair.
Add a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to one cup of water, you might want to add this mixture into a spray bottle which I feel would make it much easier for you. Spray your hair and scalp two to three times per week, I would allow the apple cider vinegar hair spray to sit for a few minutes before rinsing your hair. Some people have experienced adding this easy and simple hair spray to their hair routine has made a difference, so why not give this natural hair spray a try on your own hair. Never use apple cider vinegar on your hair without diluting it, I really don’t feel this would be healthy for anyone’s hair.
Many hair care specialists recommends people with oily hair to consider using a dry shampoo, I must admit this is the first I have heard of dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is a good option for those of you struggling with oily hair, I read this type of shampoo will give your hair the appearance of being healthier and less oily. I even have a DIY dry shampoo recipes to share with you, so maybe this is the answer to your oil hair problem after all.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 applications
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder (for lighter hair colors)
- OR 2 tablespoons cocoa or cinnamon powder (for darker hair colors)
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Blend all ingredients together in a small bowl or container with a lid.
- Sprinkle mixture onto scalp and hair roots, then work in with fingertips. You can use a clean makeup brush to apply to the roots. Apply evenly.
- Make sure you allow the product to sit for a couple of minutes before styling.
- Once it has had a few minutes to work into the hair and roots, make sure you comb or blow-dry it to help it blend well.
I know one person who is going to be trying this natural dry shampoo recipe, I might even start to like my hair once I start using dry shampoo instead of the shampoos I am using now.
What About Witch Hazel
Witch Hazel is most known for using for acne rather than our hair, but you can eliminate the excess oil on your scalp and hair by just dabbing a few drops of Witch Hazel diluted in water on your scalp and hair before you wash and shampoo your hair.
Would You Use Eggs On Your Hair
Again egg yolk masks are most known as a natural acne treatment, but an egg yolk mask can relieve any dandruff problems you might have, plus reduce the oil from your hair. People who have used this mask on their hair claims their hair appears to be healthier and shinier, and also a softer more manageable texture. Now are you thinking how do I make this egg yolk mask for my own hair, I just happen to have the recipe for this mask to share with you today.
- Beat Two Egg Yolks With Honey
- Add A Few Drops Of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Apply To Your Hair Dry
- After 15 to 20 Minutes Wash Your Hair
Tea Tree Essential Oil For Your Hair
Tea tree essential oil is the secret to controlling sebum production, and tree tea oil also will reduce any hair bacteria you might have. This amazing essential oil will also eliminate any nasty fungus which might be causing many of your hair problems, I learned the hair bacteria and fungus on our scalp is the main cause of not only oily hair, but also our dandruff problems. You can add a few drops of this essential oil to your hair products for its hair benefits, I do recommend you consider going with natural hair products or even better the many DIY hair recipes you can find online.
Natural Shampoo Recipe For Oily Hair
This recipe only takes you about ten to fifteen minutes to prepare, and this recipe will provide you with approximately six ounces of this natural shampoo.
- 1 Tablespoon of Green Clay
- 6 Teaspoons of Organic Green Tea Home Brewed
- 2 Tablespoons of Liquid Castile Soap
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10-12 Drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Combine the green clay and green tea blend well
- Add the liquid Castile soap blend well again
- Add the honey and apple cider vinegar and blend until the mixture is thick
- Add pure water and tea tree essential oil
- Now you will blend all the ingredients until they are mixed well
- Store in your fridge up to three weeks
Natural Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Recipe
This recipe is recommended for anyone who experiences stubborn chronic dandruff which just will not go away, you can prepare this recipe in approximately ten minutes or so. This recipe will provide you with twenty to thirty anti-dandrfuff treatments, and now for the recipe.
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk ( 1 Can )
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Castile Soap
- 1/2 Cup Purified Water
- 1/2 Cup Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 20 Drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 15 Drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 BPA Free Plastic Container
- Combine coconut milk, coconut oil and liquid castle soap
- Blend well by using a whisk or fork
- Add the water, apple cider vinegar and baking soda
- Add your rosemary essential oil and your tree tea essential oil
- You will now want to add your fenugreek seeds and blend well
- Pour the mixture into your BPA container with an air tight lid
- Himalayan Salt For Cooking
- The Benefits Of Himalayan Salt Lamps
- What Causes Your Hair To Fall Out
- What Is In Your Bath And Body Products
- Life Begins With Your Health Shop
What Is On My Mind Today?
The majority of people when asked what they dislike the most about themselves is often their hair, we do concern ourselves a great deal on our appearance. It is a fact many people who are not happy with their appearance experiences low self-esteem, you might be causing your own hair problems with the hair products you are using. The chemicals in hair products like any other product over time will affect you negatively, so please consider pushing your chemical products to the side and give the natural hair recipes in this post a try.